Welcome to our kids in the kitchen class on Tuesday 13th June at 5pm
We are making this Steak Fajita Tray bake. I think you are going to love it, it has all the classic flavours of a Tex- Mex feast wiht all the trimmings.
We are adding steak to make the over all recipe a little bit special.
This will also be a a great meal to recreate for Father day on the 18th!
Don’t forget to take a photo and share it with us, we love to see your cooking creations
See you then
Jolene and Lils x
Steak Fajita Tray Bake
- 2 chopping boards
- 2 clean scissors
- 1 peeler
- 1 large baking tray lined
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 square of tin foil for the wraps
- 2 Medallion Steaks
- 3 mixed peppers (red, yellow and green)
- 1 glug rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche / sour cream
- 1 bunch snipped fresh chives
- 200g mozzarella and cheddar mixed
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan
- Mix the fajita spices together in a small bowl with your rapeseed oil adding the tomato puree and sugar
- We are going to give the steaks a good bash with a rolling pin to tenderise them
- With clean sharp scissors Cut the fat off the edges and cut into 2cm wide strips
- Peel your onion and get an Adult to help cut it into wedgesOr slice it with your veg peeler yourself
- Prepare your peppers by pushing the stalk into the pepper, pulling it out, removing the seeds,, and chopping with clean scissors.
- Add to a large lined roasting tray and try not to overcrowd the tray.
- Add the spice mixed with tomato puree and some salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together well with your hands (the messy bit!)
- Roast at the top of the oven for 20-25 minutes until the steak is cooked and the peppers and onions are soft.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil or greaseproof paper and put them in the oven under the traybake for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Serve everything with the sour cream, chives and cheese mix in the middle of the table for everyone to tuck in.