Welcome to week 2 of our cooking for occasions course.
Do you have a family gathering coming up like communion or confirmation?
Have you decided to have a simple get together at home?
Hold on hiring the cater just yet and save hundreds by cooking with us.
Week Two: we are looking after any vegan or vegetarian guests with our Butternut squash curry, it’s always a huge crowd-pleaser even with the carnivores.
Note: To serve 12 guests x the veg by 2 leave the spice as it is
To serve 24 Guests x The veg by 4 x the liquid and spice x2
Jolene and Lils x
Butternut squash Curry
- 1 Large deep saucepan with lid
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 butternut squash
- ½ green pepper
- 6 sliced mushrooms
- 1 handful of spinach
- 300 mls veg stock
- 200 mls coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp coriander ground
- 1 tbsp cumin ground
- 1 tbsp onion powder ground
- 1 tbsp mixed spices ground
- 1 pinch of chili powder optional
- Crush your garlic, dice the onion and butternut squash and slice the green pepper and the mushrooms.
- Put your saucepan over medium heat with a little oil and soften the onion and garlic in the pan.
- Squeeze in your tomato puree and stir. Sprinkle in the curry powder along with the other spices.
- Add in the diced butternut squash and green pepper and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add in your sliced mushrooms then pour in the stock and the coconut milk.
- Stir thoroughly then put a lid on the pan and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Finally, add in a handful of spinach and let it wilt down.
- Serve with fluffy rice and a scattering of fresh coriander.
- Tip: This curry can be blended to hide the veggies from any veg-phobic smallies!