Ever since we cooked our Made from scratch Chicken curry on the Today show a few weeks ago we have been inundated with messages asking for the Recipe.
We all need a good curry recipe up our sleeves, so why not try the best Curry Mr Dáithí Ó Sé has ever tasted?
If you fancy watching our Cooking segment from The Today show you can see us cook the full recipe.
Made from scratch Curry
- 1 Medium white onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Red pepper
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 400 mls Coconut milk
Homemade curry paste
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Mango chutney
- 2 tbsp Medium curry powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- Peel the garlic and onion. The kids can use a grater to grate the garlic.
- Pearce the bottom of the onion with a fork and peel it with a vegetable peeler. The Children can also use a clean kitchen scissors to slice the pepper.
- We will use a separate scissors to cut the chicken into slices In a small mixing bowl.
The kids can make homemade curry paste.
- Adding two tablespoons of tomato puree, a tablespoon of mango chutney and mixing in your spices of two tablespoons of curry powder and a teaspoon of each turmeric, mixed spice, and cumin.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat with a glug of rapeseed oil. Sauté the onion and garlic for a minute.
- Add the sliced chicken breasts stirring to ensure they don't stick. And add the red pepper.
- Now spoon your homemade curry paste over the chicken breasts.
- Sizzle for five minutes, the aroma will be absolutely amazing!
- Pour over the coconut milk.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice, a garnish of fresh coriander or parsley.