This week’s kids in the kitchen cook along will take place on 23/11/2021 at 5 pm
We will be making homemade cheeseburgers, you will find a pre-recorded class here for you to cook your own time.
If you would like to join our live class please let me know and we will send you the link so you can cook along.
These cheeseburgers are one of our favourite recipes to cook and eat!
If you do cook them be sure to send us a photo! we love to see your cooking creations
Lils and Jolene 🙂
- 1 Grater
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 White onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Small bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 Small bunch of fresh parsley
- 500 g Lean beef mince
- 1 Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Pinch of pepper
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Head of butter head lettuce
- 1 Little sliced gherkin optional
- 4 Burger buns
- 1 tbsp American style mustard
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 4 Slices of cheese
- Preheat oven 180c fan
- Peel your onion and garlic and add them to a mini chopper or just grate them with a regular box grater
- Add your mince to a large mixing bowl with your onion and garlic
- Strip the fresh thyme leaves and snip the parsley and add it to the bowl with a splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Get your hands in a give a good mix and make 4 patties
- Add to a lined baking sheet and oven bake for 20 minutes
- While your burgers are cooking make your burger sauce by mixing the 2 tbs mayonnaise and 1 tbs of mustard
- Wash your lettuce leaves and add the cheese to the top of each bun, toast the buns by placing them on a baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes, this will also melt the cheese.
- Assemble the burgers and buns with salad (if you like!) and your tasty burger sauce