When Lil’s talks about her birthday she will make a list of things she would like and this cake is always top of the list. She helps to make it and gets it gets her excited for the celebrations.
This recipe will work in any 12-inch tin, lined with cling film.
The reason why this cake tastes so good is because we use only one packet of digestives. This results in a more toffee and caramel taste than a biscuity one.
I usually top it with a chocolate or a caramel spread and sprinkles. But the possibilities are endless with this one.
We really hope you enjoy.
Jolene and Lils
My famous occasion No-Bake Biscuit Cake
- 400 g Milk Chocolate (get the good stuff)
- 150 mls Golden syrup
- 277 g Butter
- 250 g Digestive Biscuits 1 packet
- Chocolate or caramel spread
- Melt the butter, syrup and in a pan over a low heat. Make sure the heat is low (it will take around 25 mins to melt together)
- Break up and add in the chocolate Stir to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed together and all melted
- Add the broken up digestives
- Put into a cake tin lined with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight
- Top with chocolate or caramel spread and sprinkles after a full night in the fridge
- Alternatively, you can be really fancy and add chocolate fingers around the edges and add Maltesers to the top (only for really special occasions)