love cake? Now you can eat it.
For a while, i’ve been on a quest to find healthy baked goods… There is loads of them online! I tried to make a few but ” yum” clocked straight away. last week I tried these 3 ingredient cup cakes. With
banana, eggs, and raspberries. I served them up , with a cup of warm milk for breakfast.. (yum looking at me very suspiciously, as if to say cup cakes for breakfast?? ) she took a bite .. and I could hear her mutter ” that no cup cake” … “yuk” !! So I had a taste.. and she was right ” that was no cupcake … They went into the bin. Give up??? No not us!!
With valentines day around the corner, and I got a heart shape cake mold in “like” I thought I’d give this “slimming world” love cake a go.
The slimming world version uses sweetener.. but because ” yum” is having some I amended, the recipe and added a little sugar instead, also instead of using “quark” I use 25 g s of chocolate.. but it still works out at 3 and a half syn,s per slice .. And so worth it.. I wouldn’t exactly call it healthy!!! but its healthier 🙂 so have your cake and eat it x
Have fun x get messy x one yummy mummy x
- 4 eggs
- 25 g caster sugar
- 90ml boiled water
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g plain flour
- 25 g cooking chocolate
- plummet of strawberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together briskly, (I use an electric hand mixer) Mix until the mixture is pale and has doubled in size. Add the hot water.
- In a separate bowl sieve the flour and baking powder. Gradually whisk the flour mix into the egg mixture until completely mixed and smooth.
- Pour the mixture in the mold. Place the mold on a baking sheet and then put on the center shelf of the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden and a skewer come out clean.
- Melt your chocolate and pour on top when the cake has cooked.. add chopped strawberries.
- slice into 12 pieces.. for 3 and a half syns per slice x