So this week it was my turn to bring a snack to our mother and toddler group.
I wanted to bring something that the kids and the mothers would both enjoy, being healthy and tasty too..
“LiLs” loves this Weetabix loaf, it tastes kinda like like a malt loaf, and because all the “mammy,s” are still on a health kick after Christmas, I thought they would appreciate a loaf that is low in fat, without the guilt!!!
It went down a treat x ( for a back up I made drop scones for back up, but didn,t need them!!!
- 3 Weetabix
- 4oz sultanas
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 150ml water
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of baking powder1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1 egg beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180c, Gas Mark 4
2. Put the Weetabix and sultanas in a bowl. Pour the milk and water over the top and leave to soak up all the liquid.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder mixed spice, sugar and beaten egg.
4. Spoon the mixture into a 450g lined loaf tin and bake on the middle shelf in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours until cooked.
5. Cool on a wire rack before serving then cut into 12 slices.