Weetabix Loaf and it tastes amazing
So this week it was my turn to bring snack to our mother and toddler group.. I wanted to bring something that the kids and the mothers would both enjoy, being healthy and tasty too.. “Yum” loves this weetabix loaf .. it tastes just like a malt loaf, and because all the “mammy,s” are still on a health kick after Christmas, I thought they would appreciate a loaf that is low in fat, with out the guilt!!! It went down a treat x ( for a back up I made drop scones for back up, but didn,t need them!!! Win Win x
this loaf is 3 and a half syns per serving and serves 12 x
Get messy x have fun x one yummy mummy x
142ml skimmed milk ( or full fat if just for the kiddies or you prefer )
4oz self-raising flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 table spoon of caster sugar / or sweetener if its for any sw folks
1 egg beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180 oC, or Gas Mark 4
2. Put the Weetabix and sultanas in a bowl. Pour the milk and water over the top and leave to soak up all the liquid.
3. Stir in the flour, mixed spice, sugar or sweetener and beaten egg.
4. Spoon the mixture into a 1 1/2 pint lined loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours until cooked.
5. Cool on a wire rack before serving, then cut into 12 slices.