My “yum” has been going through a bit of a “yuk” phase…. I know it,s more a control thing, than the food it,self. She is two, and want,s to let me know, shes not going to agree with everything I have on the menu 🙂 For now i,m just going with the flow and not making a issue out of it… I also have a few tips to fall back on if needed. When im stuck, this kiddy fried rice recipe always goes down a treat if all else fails! (little chancer)
This is a really easy way to cook egg fried rice (with out it ending up like scrambled egg) The trick is to use cold cooked rice and prep all your other ingredients before you put on your wok… I can honestly say I have never had a child refuse this one… (YET)
Get messy , Have Fun , One yummy Mummy x
- Spray of olive oil
- 3 cups of boiled cooled rice (1 cup of uncooked cooked in 2 cups of cold water)
- 4 cooked chicken breasts (chopped really small)
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 3 spring onions chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- A half a head of blanched broccoli (boiled for around 6 mins )
- 1 tablespoon of low salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Prepare rice according to packet. When Its cooked rinse it under cold water to cool the rice, drain and pat dry with a paper towel… leave to one side…
- While rice is cooking, blanch broccoli in boiling water for 6 mins..
- Cook chicken breasts and chop them into small pieces
- Chop spring onion and garlic finely
- Put your cooked chicken, broccoli, corn and spring onion into separate bowls and leave to one side
- In a large wok heat olive oil/ fry light
- Add your cooked cold rice, make a hole in the middle and add the eggs..
- Cook the eggs just like fried eggs … when the eggs are cooked mix them through the rice.
- Add spring onion, garlic, corn, broccoli and chicken Stir fry for a further 2 mins.
finish off with adding soy sauce , fish sauce, oyster sauce and crumble in a chicken stock cube ../.