Making chili con carne for children can sometimes be a bit tricky to get right… You don’t want it to be too hot, you don,t want it to be too bland! In the famous words of Goldilocks… You want it to be “just right” . This chili is really robust and full of favour, without the smallies gasping for water… (If Mummy and Daddy are having some.. just add some extra dried chilli to give it a bit of a kick) Also a good tip, is to serve it with a dollop natural yogurt instead of sour cream… Its not as tangy for the kids taste x
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 3 large garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 carton passata 400g
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into tiny chunks
- 1x 400g cans red kidney beans, drained
Method You will need a large pan (I use a wok)
Cook rice according to packet
- Grate onion and carrot, mince the garlic, and dice the red pepper
- Spray your pan with olive oil and fry the onions for 5 mins.
- Add the mince, stirring well until browned. Drain off any excess fat
- Add the garlic, spices and oregano and cook for 1 min,
- Stir in the tomatoes, passata, and then crumble in the stock cube.
- stir in the peppers and red kidney beans.
- simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes
- Serve with rice
Tada!!! that’s it super easy and super tasty x Add more spice to mummy,s and Daddy,s if needed x