The weather was just blissful in Dublin today. When the sun shines there is nothing better to eat than a good Homemade beef burger. These burgers taste really special. It’s the one recipe one yummy daddy told me not to share, he loves it that much x (He thinks it’s going to, one day make us millions ) he he x but I’m an all or nothing girl and had to share. lils nearly swallows them whole. I simply serve the with peas for her.. and load on the onions and mushrooms for ourselves
Tip .. It,s the fresh thyme that gives these burgers that extra something special… I buy a pot of it every so often in the weekly shop.
(serves a family of 4)
- olive oil or fry light in a spray bottle
- 450g of extra lean mince
- a good few sprigs of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Grated Onion
- crushed Garlic clove
- 1 Beef stock cube
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
For the chips
- 6 large potatoes
- olive oil/ frylight (in a spray bottle you can pick one up in deaz or a euro shop)
Preheat oven to 180c gas mark 4
Grate the onion and crush the garlic & add to a medium bowl with the mince.
Chop a few sprigs of fresh thyme add it to the mince with the beef stock cube onion powder and garlic podwer.
Get your hands in and give a good mix.
Roll into mince 4 balls and flatten into burgers.
Put aside cover with cling film and leave in the fridge while you make the Chips.
Peel the potatoes Slice lengthwise to make rectangular chips.
- .Add the chips to boiling water and cook for 6 minutes. (just bring back to the boil)
- Drain the water
- spray a baking tray with olive oil/fry light and add the chips,
- place on the top shelf of the oven and cook for 45 mins.
After 20 mins shake chips and spray them again with olive oil/fry light
Put the burgers on a baking tray on the middle shelf of the oven,
no need for oil on the burgers.
Cook for 20 mins flipping the burgers after 10 mins . Healthy burgers and chips, slimming world friendly too .. enjoy x