This is a great meal to cook when you fancy something different. The kids will love the subtle spicy flavour the chorizo gives the rice, and you will love that you only need one pan! Everything cooked in around 35 minutes!
tip ****make sure your rice is cooked and cold before you egg fry it that way you won’t end up with scrambled egg fried rice….. An important tip to is if your cooking chorizo for very small toddlers cut the hard skin off the sides and chop it really small..( always supervise for choking hazards if you’re unsure)
Slimming world guys..This dish serves 4 and is 5 and a half syns for the lot.. which works out at around 1 and a half per person.. (if you’re serving it for 2 people its 2 and a half syns) and really worth it..
- 2 cups of uncooked rice (2 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 Chorizo Sausage (50g), peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 small tin of sweet corn
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Get a large pan… i use a wok!!
- Pour in two cups of uncooked rice with 2 and a half cups of cold water
- cook according to directions on the packet . (while the rice is cooking get the chorizo and other ingredients ready)
- chop chorizo and take the sides of, dice the pepper and crush garlic.
- when the rice is cooked drain and rinse in cold water (this is the important bit) dry the pan.
- spray the pan with olive oil/ fry light , put the cold rice back on the pan, make a hole in the center and fry the egg
- let the egg fry just like a normal fried egg.. break it up and mix it through the rice.
- add the chorizo garlic and red pepper, corn and crumble in the stock cube .
Mix and cook for final ten minutes
We are up again for best parenting blog in the Maternity and Infant awards.. it was down to your support last year that we won x click here to vote, (if you log in to Facebook it,s really easy and it only takes a sec) x x thanks so much to every who has voted already x you,s are legends xxx