Hey yummy Mummy’s and Daddies,
kids love ketchup! So let’s get some good stuff to dip into it. These chicken goujon,s taste really creamy with a sweet kick (that’s cinnamon) The asparagus just needs to be washed, snapped at the woody bit and bunged in the oven for 10 minutes. It’s a great veg for dipping. (that’s why my little yum loves it) I serve this dish with a few home-made oven chips and a blob of ketchup to dip. Tastes like a treat but its wholesome and home cooked. You wont be wrestling over dinner.. Mammy or daddy wins x
here is a wee timing tip….. all of this recipe cooks in the oven, the chips go in first for 50 mins (while the chips are cooking get chicken ready) cook chicken for 25 minutes (so put chicken in the oven when the chips have been cooking for 25 mins), the asparagus goes in for the last 10 mins (when the chicken has been cooking for 15 mins) … you can put the asparagus on the same tray of the chips..
This will feed a family of four easily
So have fun get messy one yummy mummy x
- 6 rooster potatoes
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- chicken stock cube
- 2 egg,s
- half tea-spoon cinnamon
- olive oil in spray bottle
- bunch of asparagus
- 1 tea-spoon of garlic powder
Preheat oven to 180 c gas mark 4 (you will need 2 oven trays sprayed with olive oil) and boil the kettle
- Peel the potatoes Slice lengthwise to make rectangular chips.
- Add the chips to a saucepan of boiling water, bring back to the boil and cook for 6 mins.
- Drain chips and place on a tray sprayed with olive oil.
- put in the oven on the top shelf.. now get the chicken ready
- slice the chicken in to strips
- beat egg, add cinnamon to the egg, put on a plate
- grate Parmesan cheese and add to the bread crumbs and crumble the chicken stock cube mix and put on a plate.
- so now the messy bit.. dip each piece of chicken into the egg then the crumb (making sure it’s well covered , then place on to the oiled baking tray. (put in to the oven on the middle shelf when the chips have been cooking for 25 minutes) give the chips a shake when putting the goujon,s in the oven.
- After 15 mins turn the goujon,s with a fish slice carefully. (sprinkle asparagus with garlic powder) and put the asparagus in with the chips for the last ten minutes to cook..
- check chicken is fully cooked before serving..
- Enjoy xxx