We had fish and chips for tea tonight and it was so tasty!! Made from scratch and not a chippan in sight. In my teenage years I used to work in a chipper. The smell of grease off my clothes when I came home used to take 2 washes to get out!! What they fill those pans with would clog your artery’s just looking at it. I still love it tho, and now make fish and chips healthy style… not comprising taste. It can be treat night every night!!
note when cooking fresh fish for children esp babies be super cautions when removing bones making sure you remove them all.
for slimming world people, blitz up 1 slice of wholemeal bread (or 2 small 1,s) and use this to crumb the cod the whole recipe is 6 syns , using fry light instead of olvie oil x
- 4 rooster potatoes
- pack of 2 fresh cod
- 4 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- olive oil in spray bottle
- frozen peas
Method put olive oil in a spray bottle
- Preheat the oven to 200 c, gas mark 6
- Peel the potatoes Slice lengthwise to make rectangular chips.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.
- get 3 plates put the flour on the first one, then the beaten egg, then the breadcrumb. Spray 2 baking trays with olive oil, one for the fish , One for the chips.
- Dip the cod in the flour and gently tap off the excess. Dip into the beaten egg, allowing the excess to drip off, and then into the breadcrumbs (pressing down gently).
- put your fish on a baking tray and bake on the middle shelf for 30 mins with the chips.
- Put the chips on the other tray, spray with olive oil and bake on the top shelf for 30 minutes , (both take around 30 mins cooking together) turning the chips occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. serve with peas x
get in touch your feed back is great…… one yummy mummy x